monday sundries: jumping jazz flash, it was a gas, gas gas
Monday Sundries are otherwise known as ‘I’m rather brain dead right now and ill just update you on my life instead of writing anything’. Basically it’s the lazy blogging option, anyways…
I’m sorry to say I spent a lot last week on here bemoaning the fact I was bored, a little down and ill, plus the stress of planning the wedding had started to get to me. However, I’m getting back to normal now, no moaning, I promise. It’s just a fricking wedding after all.
- The Edinburgh festival season launched with a jumping Mardi Gras on the Grassmarket, part of the Edinburgh Jazz and Blues Festival, there was sunshine (well some of the time) drinking out of plastic cups and particularly dancing to the fantastic Stooges from New Orleans. (1).
- Despite nursing a hangover, on Sunday morning I went for a lovely gossipy girly lunch with Dawn and Polly at the Cathedral House Hotel in Glasgow, over lots of wine and rather tasty roast beef, I got very clucky indeed over Dawn’s lovely baby girl. Honestly, my ovaries are exploding everywhere right now. Finally at 34 my body clock has started ticking!
- A great Sunday was topped off by coming home from slightly squiffy from said girl’s lunch to fab meatball subs (2) from B and watching The Dark Knight (I miss Heath) in preparation for the Dark Knight Rises this week, hopefully if we can get tickets!
- I finally plucked up the courage to wear my new Orla Kiely Uniqlo dress (3) this weekend; I braved the big skirt in the wind and loved it. I felt rather lady like, something this tomboy isn’t used to. Plus it has pockets. I love pockets on a dress. I also love Orla and dress of owning the mainline. Ah well, lottery again this weekend. Maybe I’ll do a wee outfit post on this one as for once I think i’ve found something that really suits me!
- And finally, to prove festival season really has started… here is a levitating Yoda (4) on the Royal Mile; actually pretty darn good for a street artist!
This week: We are seeing the wedding planner at our new evening venue (please please be better than the last place), having a family day on Sunday and chilling out for much of the rest. I need to find somewhere to get my hair cut too as, well, its getting out of control.
How was your week?
Miss S x